Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Day of Water Skiing

Today we all went water skiing at the lake-something I haven't done in quite a few summers. And boy did it bring back childhood memories. I virtually grew up going skiing with my dad in that very same green boat as a kid on the lake during the summers. It has been so long since we have all been as a family. My dad got the boat up and running again and we decided to take it out. Christina brought Dwayne skiing and Caroline came out on the boat for the very first time. She is as you know scared of the water, so she did not want to get in the boat at first, but we were impressed that she did. She went on a boat ride and did really well. After that we took her back to the bank to be with my mom, and then Dwayne, Robert, Christina, and I all skied. Dad and Mom were grilling the hamburgers while we skied. It was so much fun. We all had a blast and Caroline had a great time too. Water skiing is something you don't forget, even after all of these years, sort of like riding a bike. But it sure does tire you out. I think Christina had the most stamina out of all of us. She could go around the lake more than any of us; she is also the only one today who could slalom ski.








Christina skiing
Dwayne skiing
Robert skiing
Me skiing
Dad trying to remember how to ski:)





1 comments:

Richard said...

Looks like you all had LOTS of fun! It's been a while since I've been on skis, too. I'm just not too sure how my 30-something body would handle it! :)