Monday, February 16, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Since Caroline will be 3 on Thursday, Robert and I decided that it was time to put her in her "big girl bed." Last year, I found this pretty 1920s era antique bed in Atlanta and bought in with Caroline in mind. We've had it in our garage ever since. This weekend we went out and bought her a full size mattress and gave her the Depression era dresser from our bedroom that she loves. It has come together very well, and I think it makes for a very pretty bedroom. Caroline loves it. As for her first night in the bed, Robert had to spend an hour with her last night pretty much talking her into sleeping in it. It was the sweetest conversation I think I have ever heard. It was very hard for Caroline's mama to put her crib up-this part of babyhood into the attic, and move onto this new stage of girlhood:)


2 comments:

angie said...

I love Caroline's new room! It looks great.

Anonymous said...

let me get you into bed and give you your
'special" present