Today Robert soloed today at Aiken Airport. He has 17 hours of air time and has been ready for a while now. My parents along with myself and Caroline came to watch him. He flew a Cessna 152 which is a 2 seater. He took an hour lesson with his flight instructor, Kirk, and then the last thirty minutes of the lesson he flew three times around the pattern and completed three touch and goes entirely by himself. I was scared to death and I knew he was; I was also very proud of him. He did an awesome job. It really makes me want to start back with my own flying lessons. Anyway, after he was finished, tradition dictates that that you must cut the shirt tail off of the shirt you wore when you soloed. I have pictures of Kirk doing that. He will get his shirttail back once he gets his private pilot's license.
Cravin Melon
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment