Saturday, January 19, 2008

Home at Play on a Cold and Rainy Afternoon

This afternoon, since it was so cold outside Caroline mostly played inside today. She insisted on getting out all of her toys: every last one of them as you can tell by the pictures taken in our living room. She has been into everything today, especially the curtains which is Robert's pet peeve. Robert would just as soon as see these curtains go, as see them stay. Over Christmas when we got new windows in our house, he told me that he liked the house better without my curtains. I, on the otherhand, looked for ages for the perfect curtains for my parlor and dining room, that would puddle on the floor. They had to be raw silk and the perfect color. I came across them at Pottery Barn one Christmas and was esctatic because they were exactly as I had envisioned being in my Victorian/Edwardian parlor. However, with an almost two year old they make the perfect hiding places and of course when she hides in them she accidentally pulls them out of the wall at times. Robert has claimed that he is on strike for a while from fixing them. Personally, I think it is kind of cute how she hides in them and is quiet as a mouse until you can find her. Here are some pictures of her this evening in them and of her in the house playing.

0 comments: