Caroline's ballet recital FINALLY arrived on Saturday at 12:00 p.m. We were excited for her, but ready for it to be over. Getting a two year old ready for a ballet recital is a LOT of work, and it really takes two people. We had to arrive at 11:30 for the recital to begin at 12:00. All the grandparents were coming to watch which was really nice. It was at the Maxwell Performing Arts Building at ASU and let me tell you it was a full house. I'd never been to one of these things before and was amazed at how many people were showing up and how long the thing was going to last-over three hours. Caroline's little part was ten acts down the line. So that meant that she had to wait downstairs in a dressing room for an hour and a half before she performed. Not very bright for whomever organized this by making two year olds wait this long. Robert and I brought cheerios, her "Baby, her security blanket, coloring books, and a sippy cup. Mainly she ate her cheerios and ran up and down the halls, but by the time the recital came she was very irritable and ran off stage for most of the production, and 3/4's of the way through she made a final grand entrance and ran across the stage where the audience gave her an applause. I was glad our Caroline at least made a final appearance at the end:) I didn't videotape anything because I hit the wrong button in the dark and couldn't work the recorder :((( Oh Well! She actually did much better during the dress rehearsal and I am grateful that I at least got that video footage. My dad did get two pictures of her on the stage and they are below.
Caroline is being held by her teacher.
Caroline eating Cheerios.
Cravin Melon
7 years ago
1 comments:
Caroline looked so cute!Just wait until she wants to do her own make up and hair for her performances!LOL! You've got a lot to look forward to in the future!:)
Post a Comment